Happy Jubilee Everyone

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not going to Scotland today

Have you seen the news? A volcano in Iceland is wreaking havoc with flights in and out of the UK and Europe.

According to reports "An ash cloud from Iceland's spewing volcano halted air traffic across a wide swathe of Europe on Thursday, grounding planes on a scale unseen since the 2001 terror attacks as authorities stopped all flights over Britain, Ireland, France and the Nordic countries.Thousand of flights were canceled, stranding tens of thousands of passengers, and officials said it was not clear when it would be safe enough to fly again."

I am counting the days (21 to be exact) until I leave Claremont but I'm glad I hadn't scheduled a flight to the UK for this week! However, I AM keeping a close watch on airfares via travelocity and hope to lock in my September flight soon. Will keep you posted.

THESIS Count: Due in 36 hours. Fixing footnoting and bibliography today. One last read and then I'll write the conclusion and turn it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment